We all have lots of ideas in our minds nowadays. Some ideas are just like lighting that just comes into our mind for a few seconds and goes away.
But some strike your mind, and you want to turn that big perception into a business. You can relate most of those ideas to technology and special applications these days.
It could be something that can be improved using mobile technology or something that can be made fast or easily accessible utilizing the same.
All right! After analyzing the idea, you build a plan, and the first thing that comes to your mind is an app developer that can turn your dream into reality. A developer that can understand your vision.
How To Choose a Right Mobile Application Developer
But where to find those developers, and how. Finally, you can reach a few developers, but how will you choose the right one for your dream app?
These are a few qualities you should look for before hiring the perfect developer for your app.
- A developer should have profound experience in application development on both platforms, Android and iOS.
- They should be familiar with SQLite, Web Service, UI/UX, Google Maps etc.
- Should read and understand your requirements thoroughly before starting the project.
- The developer should build your app just for the sake of having a project in hand and should love to work with you to build your product.
- You should ask the developer if they will support the entire app life-cycle from build, test, release to the app store.
- Also, inquire about the tech tools that who would use.
- You can ask the developer for their previous app development work or projects.
E.g., for Android, they could be using Java. For iOS, it’ll be swift or objective c.
Keep in mind your requirements
E.g., if you need your app (iOS) as soon as possible, Swift, by comparison, is like an electric mower and will reduce the amount of work needed.
In this case, you should go with the one with profound experience in swift and have already built a few projects using swift language.
I hope, till now, you have understood the key features to look for before hiring a developer.
Note: The question arises, whether to go with a single developer or a company. It depends on your product. If it’s a great product that will include many features, you should go for a company.
Because a company will understand your project in a better way and will be able to provide you extra support.
There are a lot of platforms that you must have heard of before to post your job. These platforms include freelance/Upwork, desk etc.
Let’s consider a scenario that you have posted a job, say, an android/iOS developer needed.
Within a few hours of posting the jobs, you will receive a lot of proposals from the developers/companies.
Developer/company sends an automated response. In my opinion, I’ll not go with them. Why? Because they have not read my requirements and have not understood the overall vision.
An ideal reply I would be looking for could look like this.
A developer is asking me further questions or inquiring about my product.
Just an example of a response:
“For this app of yours, I would like you to consider these things
Would you like to go with the cloud, e.g., AWS? I think you should. It eases the migration process for existing applications while preserving options for building new solutions.
Apart from this, it provides scalability and high performance. What do you think?
To store flag information
For databases, what would you prefer, MySQL or MongoDB? I will recommend MEAN over LAMP for better performance.
I have worked with both SQLite and MongoDB, and the latter offers a more flexible, accommodating layer for storing data.
I am more likely to go with this developer/company.
In addition to this, You can also ask if they will provide extra perks like user acquisition and data analytic, which will help you take further steps to the outreach market.
- Empower Businesses with Java Application Development
- How To Speed Up a WordPress Application
- 5 Amazing Applications Built with C++
- 5 Mobile Applications To Maintain Your Car
- Why Mobile Applications Are Very Popular