While everything from our office works smoothly with the help of Best Wi-Fi Extenders to person depends on the availability of internet we don’t always have a fast enough internet connection to get it all done.
We have the right network speed, a strong connection but still, we end up getting weakened signals the moment we move to another room.
That important skype call is left hanging mid-way as we rush back to the room with a Wi-Fi router in hopes to establish the link again. Sucks pretty bad, no?
I know I noticed the problem when the internet in my area was great but my internet range – not so much!
The best solution to this problem is getting a Wi-Fi extender for the deed. It like its name suggests ‘extends’ the Wi-Fi signal waves to an extent that it won’t matter which room you’re trying to connect to the internet from.
How To Select The Best Wi-Fi Extenders 2021
Now before we move forward – let’s talk about whether a Wi-Fi repeater, extender, and booster are the same thing or not?
- 1st Generation Wi-Fi Extenders
- Signal Extenders
- Re-broadcast the Wi-Fi Signal
- Applicable to a finite localized area
- Signal strength remains as the distributed Wi-Fi signal
- Wi-fi Network Response Time in increased
- Good for 4 or fewer devices
Wi-Fi Range Extender
- Stand-alone Equipment
- Placed b.w the wireless router & place where you need better coverage
- Re-broadcasts the Wi-Fi signal like a Wi-Fi Repeater but it is done so at a different wireless channel
- Incorrect placements restrict efficient work by the Wi-Fi extenders
- Great for streaming videos etc.
Wi-Fi Network Extender
- Best Wi-Fi boosters!
- Consistent and unfailingly high speeds – no matter the area range
- Unlike the repeaters and range extenders – these communicate with the network gateway directly using a wire
- Increases Wi-Fi signal to enhance device speeds and performances
- Complete Wi-Fi home network coverage
In short, you need to understand which type of Wi-Fi extender best suits you before starting you hunt for the best one! Your best might not be everyone’s best.
Moreover, another thing to keep in mind is that a series of new Wi-Fi extenders keep making their way into the market every month, week, and even day.
Thus, don’t go about investing too much in an extender if you can’t. There would always be a better version tomorrow!
The 3 Best Wi-Fi Extenders to look out for in 2021
#1. Motorola MX1200 Wi-Fi Externer
This Wi-Fi extender is the best option for those on a highly tight budget. There is a basic misconception about Motorola being a mobile phone manufacturing company even though it makes a variety of networking gadgets like cable modems etc.
The MX1200 is a plug-in Wi-Fi Extender. You can head on to Amazon and view its details. However, in terms of design, it is somewhat smaller than other extenders, which might reduce its range a bit but makes it easy to carry along.
#2. D-Link DAP-1650
D-Link is an all-purpose extender. Some might say it is the best extender to go forgiven the multi-purpose features that include it being a media bridge and access point at the same time.
Amazing, right? Moreover, it is one of the most reputed brands when it comes to networking. This router is also available on Amazon!
#3. TP-Link RE-650
The last extender we’d like to talk about is best for big houses. You won’t have to worry about distorted signals anymore. It makes sure you don’t regret being at too much of a range from the internet cable modem.
TP-Link as a company makes the best budget-oriented gadgets for networking and thus most people believe the products aren’t as good. However, that is not the case in reality.
TP-Link RE-650 is not just a high-end extender but also a gadget to have in 2020. Check it out on Amazon, right away.