India is a country where sports, especially cricket, and movies connect people like nothing else. Remember the 2011 WC Final or1983 one. These two events brought unprecedented joy and a feeling of oneness among the people.
With so much involvement in sports, fantasy sports was always a massive success in a cricket-crazy country like India. However, there are many misconceptions, such as is fantasy sports legal in India. The answer to this is simple; fantasy sports is skill-driven, making them completely legal.
The journey of fantasy sports in India that started with the dream 11 app has now many fantasy sports websites and apps in India.
There is a lot of craze and anticipation for sports in India. Fantasy sports has become a billion-dollar industry in just a few years. There is an enormous number of loyal users associated with such apps. The craze for such apps gets doubled during exciting tournaments such as IPL, T20WC, various T20 leagues across the globe, etc.
In India, most people use smartphones, and most of them are young people who love to watch sports, feel the excitement that the game brings, and dream of playing with their favourite player. Even research conducted by ICC states that there are more than 1 billion cricket fans worldwide, out of which 85-90% are Indians.
Seeing the craze and market for fantasy sports in India, leading telecommunication giant – ‘Star India’ embedded a fantasy sports platform in their live streaming app – ‘HOTSTAR.’ Using this, you can not only view the exciting match but also predict what is going to happen when the next ball is delivered.
There are many reasons why the trend of fantasy sports is growing in India, one of the most prominent being India’s growth as a digital leader.
Apart from this, various other reasons contribute to the increasing trend of fantasy sports in India.
- When it comes to population and active internet users, India is the second-largest country.
- One-tenth of the world’s gamers are Indians.
- Smartphone users are projected to cross 829 million by 2022.
- Almost 65% of Indians are below 35, who tend to use digital media more and adapt to trends quickly.
- Among all the cricket fans worldwide, India contributes 85-90% of the total number.
- By 2023, India is expected to reach the mark of 666.4 million active internet users.
- The spending capacity of India is high due to the ever-growing GDP.
- Youth want to explore earning options using their cricketing knowledge and analysing skills.
You can get on the best fantasy sports app in India and start joining various contests with your fantasy sports team.
With the growing population, India’s digital presence, the craze for fantasy sports, and youth in abundance, the trend for fantasy sports will always grow in India.
For More Information and Updates about The Latest Gaming NEWS and Trend of Fantasy Sports, Keep Visiting Etech Spider. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Subscribe for Daily Updates To Your Mail Box.