There are different Instagram demographics that you, just like all fashion business owners and marketers, should know of to make the best of this platform in gaining more traffic to your site.
All these different Instagram demographics matter to all social media marketers and will play a significant role in 2020. This is because:
- Understanding these demographics will enable you to understand your users and deliver precisely what they want.
- Once you know your users, you will create a better, more innovative, and more productive Instagram marketing strategy that will help you get more Instagram followers devoted to your fashion product and brand.
How Instagram Demographics Influence Fashion Site Traffic
This will, in turn, help you to generate more leads and sales; however, all these are a little easier said than done, especially when the platform has more than a billion active monthly users, which is more than 1/10th of the population. Of the Earth!
These are a few key numbers to know before you dive deeper:
- Initially, it had 30 million users in 2012 when Facebook acquired it, rising to 111 million in 2018
- There are more than 500 million active users who visit this site daily
- 90% of users follow a brand on this platform and
- More than 500 million users use Instagram Stories every day.
By the end of 2020, it is estimated that more than Instagram ads will reach more than 928.5 million people worldwide.
The daily login to Instagram is second to Facebook, though it continues to grow in popularity. 63% of people log in once daily, and there are significant age and gender demographics, according to Statista.
- 35% of Instagram users are teens
- 43% are women and
- 31% of men use Instagram.
The age demographics of Instagram is broken down as:
- 75% between 18 and 24 years
- 57% between 25 and 30 years
- 47% between 30 and 49 years
- 23% between 50 and 64 years and
- 8% of people are above 65 years.
All these facts and figures indicate that Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms globally.
Instagram usage statistics
As for this platform’s usage, you already know that there are more than a billion active monthly users. As for the other social networks:
- Facebook has 2.41 billion
- Twitter has 320 million and
- LinkedIn has about 575 million monthly active users.
This large number of users on this platform gives all marketers and businesses, including fashion brands, influencers, and individuals, a lot of opportunities to reach a broader audience.
- There are more than 25 million businesses on Instagram, which is easy to create an impression on the people’s minds and increase the traffic to their site.
- More than 100 million photos and videos are uploaded every day on this platform and shared by the billion users worldwide. It is this visual content that drives engagement on Instagram and more traffic to the site.
- There are more than 4.2 billion likes each day on this platform. This means that an average Instagram user wills double-tap on an account more than once a day.
All these usage stats show that Instagram is a happening place. If only you can showcase your fashion product even to a small percentage of these users and make it compelling enough so that they click on the link to visit your site, you will gain immensely.
Therefore, make sure that you create an appealing and exciting content top post on this platform so that people notice your fashion brand quickly, or else it will be hard to stand out.
Comparing with Facebook demographics
Given that Instagram is second only to Facebook, this comparison of the two demographics will also help you a lot in planning your marketing strategy for your fashion brand.
When you take a look at the 2020 Facebook demographics data, you will see that out of its 2.45 billion monthly active users:
- 86% are between 18 and 29 years
- 77% between 30 and 49 years
- 51% are within 65 years and
- 34% are above 65 years old.
As for the annual income demographics between Facebook and Instagram, it is:
- 85% and 44% for those less than $30,000
- 88% and 45% between $30k-$60k
- 81% and 36% between $60k-$70k
- 88% and 55% between $70k-$80k
- 86% and 46% between $80k-$100k and
- 86% and 60% above $100,000.
As for the gender and time spend figures of the two platforms, it is:
- 54% of female and 46% of male users are there on Facebook while it is
- 51% and 49% respectively on Instagram.
However, Facebook users spend 35 minutes a day on an average on this platform, but Instagram users spend nearly 53 minutes visiting their accounts.
For this difference, most fashion businesses and shoppers prefer Instagram over other social media channels, even Facebook, when it comes to promoting their products.
Understanding Instagram demographics
You should not get your marketing efforts wrong with such knowledge when you use Instagram to gain more traffic to your fashion site. All you need is to understand the demographics to dive deep instead of skimming the surface.
You must develop your Instagram brand and content according to your users and align it with your business and social marketing goals. Ideally, pinning down your perfect target audience is one of the best ways to boost your Instagram marketing efforts.
- Look for new opportunities
- Learn more about your target audience
- Track and analyze the performance of your campaign
- Use different in-built and third-party tools and
- Keep your content fresh and exciting at all times.
Ideally, knowledge of such Instagram statistics will help you figure out whether it is the right channel for your fashion brand. Remember, even if it is the perfect channel to promote your fashion products and brand, do not consider this to be the ‘be all and end all’ option for your marketing.
Kristen Smith has been working on social media’s importance in marketing with thousands of real Instagram followers for her postings. You can visit Instagram Followers for more information.