It seems that the fight for number one position in the Indian Smartphone market has turned out to be a “War of Pride”. Both Micromax and Samsung are claiming this position, with the support of a few recent surveys.
Just after Micromax claimed to have touched the first position, Samsung replied with solid evidence, that they are still the king of the Indian smartphone market. Both the manufacturers have lined-up many new smartphone launches in the coming months, which can help them to remain strong in the competitive market.
Following which, Micromax has launched a new smartphone, the successor of their phablet, Micromax Canvas XL in the market. Named as Micromax Canvas XL2 A109, this new smartphone flaunts a 5.5-inch touch screen display, while its predecessor sports a bigger 6-inch display.
If you are planning to buy Micromax Canvas XL2 A109, we have brought something great and worth a read for you. Here, we bring you top 5 pros & cons of Micromax Canvas XL2 A109
PROS of Micromax Canvas XL2 A109
- Huge Display- The Micromax Canvas XL2 sports a big 5.5-inch LCD Multi-touch screen display, which is great for watching videos and playing games on the device.
- Powerful Processor & RAM- This smartphone is powered by a 1.2GHz MediaTek MT6589M Quad Core Processor, which is coupled by 1GB of RAM. This hardware configuration would allow you multi-tasking without any lags.
- Latest Operating System- The Micromax Canvas XL2 A109 runs on the latest Google’s Android 4.4.2 KitKat Operating System out of the box. The latest OS version packs various new features and applications.
- Powerful Battery For extra long running hours, the Micromax Canvas XL2 is fuelled by a very strong 2500mAH Li-ion battery. This battery claims up to 8.5 hours of talk time and up to 255 hours of stand-by time. The Canvas XL2 A109 features the most powerful battery in its segment.
- Decent In-built & Expandable Memory The Canvas Xl2 A109 boats 4GB of internal memory, which can be expanded up to 32GB using a MicroSD card.
CONS / DRAWBACKS of Micromax Canvas XL2 A109
- Low Resolution Display This smartphone sports a non-HD display, which produces only 540 x 960 pixels resolution at a rate of 200 pixels per inch. Hence, you can’t expect a brilliant performance from this display. This is the biggest disappointment with the Canvas XL2.
- Average Rear Camera The Micromax Canvas XL2 houses a 5 Megapixels Autofocus rear camera coupled with an LED flash. At its offering price tag, we could expect at least an 8 Megapixels rear camera with dual-LED flash.
- Poor Selfie Camera For you selfies and video calls, the Canvas XL2 A109 houses a VGA camera, which is really not happening. This below average front facing camera would not stand up to your expectation while capturing selfies.
- Poor Styling, Built Quality & Finish The built quality and finish of the Micromax Canvas XL2 A109 is another big disappointed. The plastic body and average styling would not create an impact amongst young buyers. In this segment, one could find better quality finish and attractive styling smartphones.
- Overpriced The Micromax Canvas XL2 A109 is available for around Rs. 10, 000 in India. With its added specifications and features, we feel that this smartphone is slightly overpriced. A price tag of around Rs. 7,500 could have helped in growing its sales.