Thanks to the growing development of technology it is quite difficult to find a person today who doesn’t know anything about the Internet.
If you think about it most of those people have their own personal wireless networks at home or at work which lets them to connect all their devices to the internet. If you are wondering how they have done this, you have to know that in order to have your wireless network you need to have a wireless router. It is not very expensive device and if you get one you will experience its benefits very soon.
Every router has a default IP address which has the purpose to let the user access the router administrative options. This default IP can be and must be changed later to make the router more secure and protected. However, if you forget this IP or the default username or password, you will have to reset the router and here is how to do this.
Find the default login details for your router
Before you try to restart the router to its factory settings you have to make sure you know the correct login details. Different router brands use the same or a different default IP and their default usernames and passwords are either admin, administrator or password. It is good to know this in case you want to login to the router.
It is highly recommended to change the default settings when you set up the router. However, if you reset the router the username and password will change back to the default ones. The default login details can be obtained in several different ways.
- First, you can check the user’s manual for the default IP, username and password.
- You can check the manufacturer’s official website.
- You can check the label on the router for these details.
- You can google the username and password.
These are the most effective ways to find the default login details of your router.
Changing The Router Login Details
After you get the correct router login details you can easily change the default router settings. This includes the default username and password, the default IP, network name and o on.
- First of all launch your browser.
- At the top of the browser, in the URL bar, type the default IP address, usually 192.168.0.1.
- If the IP is correct you will be asked to enter the default username and password.
- At the same time you will be able to change these login details.
- If you want to change them type the new username and password and re-enter the password just to make sure you haven’t made a typing error.
- Don’t forget to save the changes.
As you can see, changing the default username and password is not that difficult.
How To Reset The Router Login Details?
If you try to access the router administrative options and fail to do it, you will have to reset the router in order to be able to use the default ones to login to the router.
All you have to do is to find the reset button which is normally hidden behind the router and press it using a pin or needle. Press the button and hold it for about 10-20 seconds. Wait till the router boots up completely and try to login again. The router will reset to the factory settings and you will be able to login with the default username and password.
If you change the login details again, make sure to keep them somewhere safe in case you need them later.
230 total views, 1 views today